Tigertown are back with their new single ‘What You Came Here For’ and The Ripe is pumped to bring you an exclusive premiere before it’s officially released tomorrow.
The track pushes Tigertown’s signature sound of lush harmonies, dreamy instrumentation and melodic hooks. A synth component takes the song in to an edgier domain, but it’s undeniable that the band have maintained a loyalty to their fusion of contemporary pop and alt-country influences. Sitting underneath ‘What You Came Here For’ is a great percussion track which drives a jumping (almost african/world music) styled beat. It all comes together to create a much more layered sound than what we’ve heard previously from the Sydney five-piece and it’s a pretty exciting taste of their forthcoming EP release.
I really love the approach that these guys take with their music. There seems to be real honesty to the way they write while the production is layered, yet maintains an organic folky kind of feel – overal it translates in to a loveable charm. Having recently toured the country with Bob Evans - the guys are set to hit the road again on their own headline tour to celebrate the release (dates below).
Dont Miss: You can watch our Ripe Live clip with Tiger Town performing their single ‘Morning Has Finally Come‘ below.
TIGERTOWN- WHAT YOU CAME HERE FOR NATIONAL TOUR
- THURSDAY JUNE 13 | BEAV’S BAR, GEELONG
- FRIDAY JUNE 14 | THE BRIDGE HOTEL, CASTLEMAINE
- SATURDAY JUNE 15 | BELLA UNION, MELBOURNE
- THURSDAY JUNE 20 | BLACK BEAR LODGE, BRISBANE
- FRIDAY JUNE 21 | SOLBAR, MAROOCHYDORE
- SATURDAY JUNE 22 | SPOTTED COW, TOOWOOMBA
- FRIDAY JUNE 28 | THE WHEATSHEAF, ADELAIDE
- SATURDAY JUNE 29 | YA-YA’S, PERTH
- SUNDAY JUNE 30 | INDI BAR, SCARBOROUGH
- FRIDAY JULY 5 |THE VANGUARD, SYDNEY
- SATURDAY JULY 6 | YOURS & OWLS, WOLLONGONG*
- SUNDAY JULY 7 | CLARENDON GUESTHOUSE, KATOOMBA
*The Starry Field not appearing